Project44 (www.project44.com), a logistics software company, raised a $80m Series G at a $2.7b valuation; a 3% increase from its $2.6b valuation Series F in Jan 2022, 10 months ago.
– Investors. Generation Investment Management and A.P. Moller Holding led. CMA CGM, TPG, Emergence Capital Partners, Chicago Ventures, Omidyar Technology Ventures, 8VC, Sapphire Ventures, Sozo Ventures, and Goldman Sachs Asset Management also participated.
– Revenue. $170m in 2022.
– Product. Tracks more than 1 billion shipments per year.
– Customers. 1,200+ total customers. 358 new customers in 2022 including Energizer, Anheuser-Busch InBev Europe, Foot Locker, and Veyer.
– Awards. Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves FreightTech 2022, a six-time leader in customer satisfaction on G2’s Supply Chain Visibility Grid, one of SupplyChainBrain’s 100 Great Supply Chain Partners of 2022, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights Voice of the Customer report
Alation (www.alation.com), a machine learning data management platform, raised a $148m Series E at a $1.7b valuation; a 46% increase from its $1.2b valuation Series D in Jun 2021, 18 months ago.
– Investors. Thoma Bravo, Costanoa Ventures, and Sanabil Investments led. Dell Technologies Capital, Databricks Ventures, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Riverwood Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Icon Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Sapphire Ventures, and QIC participated.
– Revenue. $100m in 2022.
– Industry. According to IDC, the data integration and intelligence software market is valued at more than $7.9 billion and growing toward $11.6 billion over the next four years.
– Customers. 450 enterprise customers – and more than 25% of Fortune 100 companies – including AbbVie, Cisco, General Mills, Munich Re, NASDAQ, Pfizer, Raiffeisen Bank, Salesforce, The Very Group, Vattenfall, Virgin Australia.
– Pricing. Subscription based. For example, Alation Data Catalog is a $198,000 per year subscription via AWS.
Einride (www.einride.tech), an electric and autonomous truck company, raised a $98m Series C at a $1.2b valuation. Prior round valuations have not been disclosed. The company’s Series B was in May 2021, 19 months ago.
– Investors. EQT Ventures, NordicNinja VC, and Norrsken VC participated.
– Revenue. $9.3m in 2021.
– Product. Each Pod truck weighs 26 tons and has a cargo capacity of up to 16 tons. The truck’s electric battery will have a range of between roughly 80 to 110 miles.
– Product. First company in the world to deploy an autonomous, electric vehicle on a public road in 2019 and became the first company to receive approval to operate the vehicle on a U.S. public road in 2022.
– Pricing. Rentals available only. $10,000 reservation fee. $18,000 to $22,500 per month depending on truck type.
– Customers. GE Appliances, Oatly, Beyond Meat, Bridgestone, and Maersk.
Aventon (www.aventon.com), an ebike company, raised a Series B at a $590m valuation; a 195% increase from its $200m valuation Series A in Mar 2022, 8 months ago.
– Investors. Sequoia Capital China led.
– Sales. ebikes range from $1000 to $1900.
ColdQuanta (www.coldquanta.com), a quantum sensing technology company, raised a $110m Series B at a $430m valuation; a 115% increase from its $200m valuation Series A in May 2021, 19 months ago.
– Investors. Lennox Capital Partners led. Sumitomo Corporation of Americas, Maverick Ventures, Global Frontier Investments, Foundry Group, In-Q-Tel, Christopher Galvin, BOKA Group Holdings, and Breakthrough Victoria participated.
– Revenue. $11m in 2021.
– Sales. +140% deal growth in 2021 vs prior year
– Customers. IBM, Strangeworks, Classiq, DARPA
– Awards. 2022 SPIE and Photonics Media Prism Award, 2022 Prism Award, 2022 Best of Sensors Winner, 2021 Willis E. Lamb Award for Laser Science and Quantum Optics.
– Industry. Boston Consulting Group claims quantum computing could create value of $450 billion to $850 billion in the next 15 to 30 years.